In today’s world we are surrounded by everyone’s highlight reels by simply opening an app. It’s no wonder why we have fallen into the comparison trap. It seems like everyone around us is getting promoted, starting families, going on vacations, etc.. It can be easy to feel left out on social media. Feel that loneliness enough and you’ll start internalizing it, which leads to low self-esteem and mental health issues.
What Can We Do About This?
The truth is that your worth isn’t tied to your career, life plans, or how many likes you get on Instagram, or any of that. You are worthy right now, just as you are.
In a study done by The Body Shop, they discovered that about 1 in 2 people struggle with self-doubt. That’s a lot of people having negative thoughts about themselves and/or their abilities. Luckily, there is something that can help… affirmations! If you experience a lot of negative self talk, this post is for you. We are going to change those to positive thoughts through daily affirmations.
Our mind can be so powerful, but most of the time we don’t take advantage of this. We literally have the power to change our thoughts! Affirmations are a great way to do this. I know that sounds easier said than done, but that is where affirmations come into play.
In an interview with mindbodygreen, psychic medium Nicole Bowman, also known as Live The Light on keen.com, describes affirmations as: “positive statements about your life, relationships, and experiences that you want to be true.” For affirmations to work there are a few best practices you should be aware of before you begin your affirmation practice.
Best Practices For Daily Positive Affirmations
Here are some tips to help make the most of your daily affirmations:
- Speak as if it’s already happening: Instead of saying “I want to love myself more” you’ll want to say “I love myself more each day.” Do you see how much better it feels to say the affirmation in the present tense? This will help the affirmation become a reality.
- Attitude matters: A positive attitude will make a big difference with this practice. While you are saying your affirmations you want to feel confident that what you are saying will happen, even if you have to fake it ‘till you make it. One day you’ll start feeling that change to believing that the affirmation can be true.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself: This is a big list of affirmations that I’m about to share. Don’t feel like you have to say all 100 of them a day, or even 20 of them a day. Start off small with one or two, and then either add more or switch them up when you feel it’s time to do so.
- Consistency is key: Affirmations only work if you do. For the best experience with affirmations you’ll want to stick to a frequency. Whether you plan to say them multiple times a day or once a day every day, make sure it’s something you hold yourself to. With that in mind, let’s get to the list.
Tips To Get You Started With An Affirmations Practice
Here are a few tips that will help you add your affirmation time to your daily routine.
- Pick A Time And Stick With It: The first step is to pick a time of day If you are forming a habit, the best way to stick to it is to be more consistent with it. One of the ways to do this is by picking a time of day to say them. Will you be adding it to your morning routine, saying them during the middle of the day to turn a bad day around, or ending your night by saying affirmations?
- Pick A Location: Again, it’s better to be consistent when it comes to this powerful tool for your mindset. So I’d recommend choosing one area in your home, whether it’s your bathroom mirror or at your desk with sticky notes, find your go-to place.
- Share With Someone: Developing a new habit is hard. If you need some accountability consider inviting a friend to join you. You both will be able to bond over your journey to having high self esteem. That will make the experience that much more meaningful.
100 Affirmations for Self-Worth
I’ve separated the affirmations by topic to make it easier for you to pick your affirmations. You can do one from each category, or choose from one category, whatever works best for you. Each area has some impact on your self worth, which is why I chose the affirmations topics that I did.
Self Love Affirmations
If loving yourself is your biggest area of concern right now I would start with these affirmations of self love.
- I am worthy of love
- I dismiss any negative feelings that come in my mind, and replace them with positive ones
- I am overcoming the hard things that life throws my way
- I love my body because it does so many great things for me
- I love myself for everything that I am, I lack nothing
- I deserve to be happy and love life
- I celebrate the good things in my life
- I find something to love about myself every single day
- Negative self-talk has no place in my life
- Regardless of how people think of me, I have confidence in who I am and that is all that matters
- Even on the hard days, I am able to love myself for who I am
- I show myself unconditional love and encourage others to do the same in their life
- I am who I say I am, not the opinions of what others say I am
- I am beautiful
- I believe in myself and my abilities
- I am healing myself a little more each day
- Any insecurities that I have are leaving my mind and self-love and acceptance is taking its place
- I am the source of my own love and happiness
- I am comfortable in my own skin
- I am enough
Self Confidence Affirmations
You deserve that feeling that you are unstoppable in anything that you do. That is the kind of positive energy that can turn a bad day into an amazing day. These powerful affirmations will help you get there.
- I radiate positivity and confidence
- Even when I’m having a difficult time, I can turn it around with a positive mindset
- Things are always working out for me
- No matter the outcome, I know I did my best, and my best is good enough
- People admire me for my confidence in every situation
- I have limitless potential
- Amazing things are always happening for me
- I am able to get out of my comfort zone when necessary and it helps me become an even better person.
- I ignore the comments of negative people
- Today is going to be a good day
- I ignore the body image standards because I know that I am beautiful no matter what I look like
- I expect good news today
- I let go of any roadblocks that prevent me from becoming my true self
- Confidence flows through me
- The things that used to be uncomfortable or hard for me now comes to me easily
- I am a badass
- I overcome any obstacles I am faced with
- I believe in myself
- I am in charge of my life
- I am proud of myself
Personal Growth Affirmations
If you are on a personal growth journey, you’ll want to use any of these affirmations to give you the inner strength to make these positive changes in your life.
- I learn new things with ease
- Great things are coming to me
- I am continually doing positive things that will lead me to becoming a better version of myself
- I have a beautiful life
- The skills I am learning today is going to impact my life in a positive way
- My personal development journey is an inspiration to other people
- My life is headed in the right direction
- I prioritize personal growth in my life
- I focus on the important things in life that will help me grow
- I have complete control of my life
- I am always looking for the positive in every situation
- I can do anything i set my mind to
- I am not my mistakes
- I am always striving for progress, not perfection
- I am consistent with my goals
- I attract opportunity
- I stay motivated
- The goals I set today will be the achievements I have in the future
- There are opportunities for growth all around me
- I am making it happen
We started this list off with affirmations for the relationship with ourselves, but you can also use affirmations for your other relationships.
In this section you’ll find affirmations based on your love life, family life, and friend life. I hope that after you start saying these you’ll be reminded that you are worthy of love and worthy of respect in your relationships.
- The people in my life love and accept me for who I am
- I deserve to be loved and love will come to me
- I release any blocks that are standing between me and love
- My friends enjoy my company and appreciate having me in their lives
- Love is headed my way
- I create, and stick to, boundaries in my relationships
- When I’m feeling lonely I remember that I have people in my life that love me
- I am a great ______ (friend, parent, significant other)
- I am not my parents’ choices
- I am attracting the right person for me
- I have a strong support system around me and have no time for anyone that is unsupportive
- I feel secure and loved in my relationship
- There is no timeline on how when I should hit relationship milestones
- My friends are in my life because they value my friendship
- I attract wonderful friendships into my life
- I have healthy relationships with the people in my life
- My friends inspire and motivate me and I do the same for them
- I freely give love and I am loved in return
- I am in a healthy relationship with someone who truly loves me
- I am excited to start my future with my partner
- I am worthy on my own
Career and Finances Affirmations
Our final area of affirmations is about our careers and finances. In this area it is very easy to succumb to negative beliefs when we see the successful people around us.
My hope for you is that you are able to stand in front of a mirror daily with a power stance, and repeat these powerful statements. Then you’ll realize that you are also worthy of success and happiness in this area.
- I bring great ideas to the table at work meetings
- People value my hard work
- I am able to find different ways when looking for a solution to a problem
- I make wise decisions each day that effect my work in a positive way
- I work at a great place
- I am great at saving money because I know how important it is
- My boss sees the value I bring to the team
- People value my opinions
- The work that I do has meaning and a purpose
- I am always eager to step up and try different things at work
- I am debt free and loving life
- I can easily find a different approach when something isn’t working the way it needs to
- I found my dream job
- I bring change to the workplace in a positive way
- I am paid fairly for the work I do and the skills I possess
- I create my own success
- I am worthy of abundant success
- My career is fulfilling and makes me happy
- I am successful at any ______ (interview, meeting, pitch, etc.) that I have
- I am worthy of my dream job
Any one, or few, of these self worth affirmations should help you stop those negative emotions and develop a more positive mindset. Let me know in the comments which ones on this list of positive affirmations you will be adding to your daily life this week.