The word “affirmation” has become a bit of a buzzword, but for good reason.
Scientific Studies show that repeating positive affirmations to yourself has a beneficial outcome, from improved sense of self to improved problem solving abilities.
They’re one of the best ways to overcome negative beliefs and improve your positive attitude and te first step to amazing things.
If you are ready to make some changes in your life, start saying some of these affirmations for confidence to yourself every day.
The less scientific explanation: if you let your brain seek the positive thoughts and focus more on the good things, there is less space for the negative self-talk, and over time your subconscious mind works to seek the positive things and you’ll find your sometimes-good-days turn into more frequent great days.
Affirmations are positive statements that are a powerful tool to help you move from having low self-esteem to a great place.
These powerful affirmations are a great way to overcome a lack of confidence.
Just take a deep breath and say your morning affirmations to yourself in the mirror.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to make a purcahse, GenTwenty may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Tank you for supporting this resource.
95 Affirmations for Confidence
If you’ve ever been in a position where someone tells you to “be more” confident, don’t fret. It can be difficult to increase your confidence because it’s not something we can just turn on. However, with a some work you can make positive changes and see a boost in your self-esteem and confidence.
I starting saying daily affirmations to myself a few years ago, when I was struggling the most with my anxiety and depression, but before I had found a therapist. To be clear, affirmations cannot solve complex emotional issues, but boosting your self confidence and having a strong positive sense of self can’t hurt!
I think one thing to note, here, is that if you think of the most positive people in your life, I bet they aren’t happy and positive all the time. We all have bad days, but we can help ourselves by creating a daily routine that is acts as a stepping stone for building self-esteem and self-care for our mental health.
1. I am confident.
So often, I got the feedback from managers that I needed to “be more confident.” I never knew what that meant, or how to really go about just being more confident. This affirmation is a good one because it is straight and to the point!
2. I am loved.
Do you know how loved you are? Often, it’s a sentiment that gets left unsaid more often than not.
That’s why I try to tell my friends and family I love them EVERY time I talk to them—especially since so many of my loved ones live far away from me. You deserve the same, and it’s important to validate to yourself how loved you are.
3. I am worthy.
You are worthy of good things, you are inherently valuable, you are a good one! Repeat this every day until your self-worth and self-esteem beam out through your cheeks like natural highlighter. (This may not be physically possible, but you will see a change in how you carry yourself!)
4. I deserve good things.
The comparison culture that has stemmed from social media may let us believe otherwise, but you deserve good things. Because you are inherently worthy! See #3 if you need a reminder.
5. I am allowed to ask for more.
I didn’t know I could ask for more (from a job, from a relationship, from a friendship) until I was TWENTY-NINE. Don’t be me. Learn this now!
6. I can do this.
YOU CAN DO THIS!! I CAN DO THIS! WE CAN DO THIS! Sometimes the hardest obstacle is getting out of our own way and just getting things done. Make sure you take a look back at where you started and really appreciate how far you’ve come and how hard you’ve worked. You can do anything.
7. I am proud of what I have accomplished.
It’s easy to forget how far you’ve come. Every time you say this to yourself, I want you to also think about where you were a week ago, a month ago, or ten years ago. Give yourself some proof based on what you have done over time! And make sure to acknowledge and give yourself some praise for how much you’ve done.
8. I am able to do hard things.
This one is great for people who have anxiety, because often anxiety is paralyzing and feels like it will last forever when you’re in a deep panic state. But, all moments pass and you can do hard things.
9. I am growing into the best version of myself.
I love this one, because it reminds me that growth is beautiful, and so is being human, and that we don’t have to be perfect because we get to continue to grow.
10. I am allowed to make mistakes.
I once had a manager who told me not to admit when I didn’t know something. THAT IS FALSE ADVERTISING. You are allowed to not know things, and you are allowed to make mistakes. because, as #9 reminds us, we are GROWING into our best selves!
11. If I learn something from my mistakes, I cannot fail.
Failure ≠ Bad, Immoral, Evil, Weak
Failure = a learning lesson in what did not work for you
Nicole and I talked about failure on The GenTwenty Podcast because this topic haunts us as millennials. We were raised to fear failure but at the same time we were given participation trophies and praise for every little thing…that’s a mixed message. So let me clear things up: Failure is not bad. Failure is learning and growth. Failure is a way forward, because you figure out what doesn’t work.
12. I know I can achieve anything I want in life.
This is a good one for those of us who doubt ourselves when looking at the long-term goals or big picture. If you want it, and you believe in yourself, you can do the work and achieve that dream or goal.
13. I believe in my dreams.
We have to believe in our dreams truly and unconditionally. We can’t hang our hats on other people’s opinions of our dreams. As long as we see the value in what we’re doing and believe in it, that’s all that matters.
14. I believe in myself and my abilities.
Everything we have within us will help us achieve our dreams. You have to know this, because you are worthy of good things and deserving of success. Let the positive self-talk lead you to being and believing in your best self.
15. I believe that success is available to me.
Success is ever available and abundant to us! We can attract success and achieve success with our hard work and positive actions.
16. I have the strength to overcome each challenge I face.
It can be hard to feel strong sometimes but every hard thing you’ve faced so far you’ve overcome, and you are stronger than you feel or think!
17. I am resilient.
We are able to withstand and overcome great difficulty. This one is especially important to remember and repeat during times of uncertainty and hardship.
18. I can adapt when I need to.
As Ross Gellar once said, “PIVOT!” Changing direction is not a moment of failure. It means you’re able to turn a bad day into a great day and move on.
19. I love myself.
And we are all worthy of love, acceptance, and success! Imagine starting your day with these morning affirmations. What a great way to position yourself to have a good day.
20. I am proud of who I am.
You are a wonderful human working hard and doing great things. Affirmations really work for me, especially this one.
21. I attract the opportunities I need for growth and success.
There is an abundance of opportunities and they are all coming your way! Work towards being a better version of yourself and you’ll end up in a good place, attracting to you what you need to grow.
22. The opportunities for success are abundant to me.
Success is available to you in multiple venues and pathways.
23. I am proud of how far I’ve come.
Don’t forget to take a step back and remember where you started and where you’re standing now.
24. All of my problems have solutions.
It’s true! And you have the analytical and creative skills to find the solution.
25. I will surround myself with people who want me to succeed.
We deserve the support system we crave and the people who surround us will directly inform our environment.
26. I am enough.
27. There is space for me to be who I am.
Spread your arms wide and take up all the space you need!
28. My past does not dictate my future.
We learn from everything we do, and we are never the same person as before.
29. The more I am my true self, the more success I come into.
THIS! Be yourself. The world is ready for it. And the world needs it.
30. The world needs me.
You are uniquely you and that is needed. The world is a better, brighter place when people are true to themselves and who you are is important here.
31. I matter.
You are so important. You are inherently worthy and valuable. And because you are uniquely you, with a perspective on the world that no one else has.
32. My work is important but doesn’t define my worth.
Somewhere along the way, we began to equate our jobs and careers with our worth. We are inherently worthy and jobs and careers are just something we do.
33. I am ever-growing and that is a gift.
I love this because it’s true—to live is to grow and to grow is to live.
34. I deserve to be paid well for my work.
This is a biggie—there is a huge wage disparity and it can be hard to advocate for your salary or raise. But you deserve to be paid fairly and well for your work!
35. I will be gentle with myself and take breaks when I need them.
As we grow and learn and become our best selves, we will trip and make mistakes. It’s OK to make a mistake, and you do not deserve to be punished for it. Learn from it, and grow. We can only better our selves and do our best. And with being gentle with ourselves we must also take breaks when we need them. If our needs are not met we will not be able to thrive. Remember: There’s no wrong way to be a human.
Affirmations For Confidence and Anxiety
When you struggle with anxiety, you know affirmations can be a tool for coping with it, especially in the really hard moments when your anxiety has you feeling disconnected from reality.
These are some of my favorite affirmations for overcoming these tough moments.
1. I am capable of overcoming my challenges and achieving success.
I have to remind myself of this when my anxiety is telling me otherwise.
2. I trust myself to make the right decisions for me.
If I can’t trust myself, who can I trust?
3. I accept and love myself, flaws and all.
Hard to do in the moment, but a solid reminder we all need.
4. My thoughts are powerful, and I can choose how to think about any situation that arises in life.
I tell myself this every morning.
5. I have the courage to face my fears and take risks.
The courage comes from me.
6. I am enough, just as I am.
One of my absolute favorite reminders.
7. I choose to be positive in every situation.
This is helpful to remind myself when I can only think of negative things.
8. I am strong and resilient in tough moments.
We all are, even if we don’t feel like it.
9. It is safe for me to express myself authentically and freely.
Safety is important.
10. I am confident in my abilities to succeed.
Confidence is a skill we work at.
11. I recognize and honor my unique gifts and talents.
You are uniquely important in this world.
12. I let go of any need for approval from others, instead valuing my own opinion more highly than anyone else’s.
The most important opinion is your own.
13. I attract positive people and experiences into my life that support my growth.
Over and over again.
14. I am worthy and deserving of all the wonderful things life has to offer.
We are all inherently worthy.
15. I forgive myself easily when I make mistakes, allowing me to move forward with ease.
Forgiveness might not come easily, but it comes.
16. No matter what happens, I will stay true to my values and who I am as a person.
Living life within your value frame make decision making easier.
17. I am open to learning and growing from any situation.
Lessons are everywhere.
18. I trust my intuition and the inner guidance that it brings me.
Trusting in yourself can be challenging but knowing I have my best intentions are heart keeps me grounded.
19. I embrace change as an opportunity to grow and learn.
Growth is important.
20. I choose peace and calm in the face of anxiety or fear.
It’s okay if you choose your peace.
Affirmations For Confidence and Success
Affirmations for success can come in handy when you really want something to work out for you. Desiring success may not automatically make it come to you, but these affirmations can help keep you oriented to what you desire.
1. I am capable of achieving whatever success I desire.
2. I have the courage to take action and follow through with my goals.
3. My potential is limitless and I unlock it every day.
4. I choose to believe in myself, even when things get tough.
5. My hard work and dedication will lead me to success.
6. I celebrate my successes, no matter how small they may be.
7. I am resilient and can overcome any obstacle in my path.
8. My confidence grows with every step forward I take.
9. Obstacles are simply opportunities to become stronger and wiser.
10. I am confident in my ability to learn and grow.
11. I will not allow fear or doubt to hold me back from achieving success.
12. I am committed to doing whatever is necessary to reach the highest levels of success possible.
13. I take pride in all that I do, believing in my ability to succeed.
14. I trust that I can handle any challenge that comes my way.
15. I will never give up on myself, even when things seem impossible.
16. My focus and determination will bring me closer to success each day.
17. My potential for greatness is greater than any setback I may encounter.
18. I will stay true to my vision and never give up on reaching my goals.
19. My inner strength and courage will guide me to success.
20. I trust in the power of positive thinking and believe that anything is possible with hard work and dedication.
Affirmations For Confidence and Courage
Finding the confidence to be courageous can be challenging. When you need to summon courage, it often feels like your anxiety and nervousness overrules it. But you know what? You are courageous. These affirmations remind you of that.
1. I summon the courage to face any challenge that comes my way.
2. I am strong and capable of overcoming any obstacle I encounter.
3. My inner strength is more powerful than anything life throws at me.
4. I stay true to myself and don’t allow doubt or fear to hold me back.
5. I will always choose courage over fear, no matter what the situation.
6. I find comfort in knowing that I am capable of anything when I trust in my inner strength.
7. My courage allows me to overcome any challenge with confidence and grace.
8. I take risks, even when things seem uncertain, trusting in my ability to make the best decision.
9. I have faith that I will succeed even if I make mistakes along the way.
10. No matter how difficult it may be, I am brave enough to take a chance and go after my dreams.
11. When faced with fear or uncertainty, I breathe and remind myself that I am brave and capable.
12. I trust in my inner power to handle anything life throws my way with ease.
13. Taking risks comes naturally to me, knowing that success is just around the corner.
14. No matter what, I will remain true to who I am while facing each new challenge.
15. Taking action gives me a sense of empowerment and fills me with courage.
16. I am brave enough to try new things and go outside of my comfort zone.
17. Nothing is too difficult when I rely on my courage and inner strength.
18. I have the strength and confidence to face any challenge that comes my way.
19. I will remain brave, even when faced with fear or uncertainty.
20. I have the courage and self-belief to reach all of my goals.
Summing up these 95 Affirmations for Confidence and Anxiety, Success, and Courage
When we let go of the negative thoughts and limiting beliefs to make space for self-love and self-confidence, we become at home in our own skin and find an inner peace that may have been lacking.
We are all worthy of love, deserving of good things, and have the makings to live a happy life.
Which of these self-confidence affirmations will you say to yourself everyday? Or, have you started saying your own affirmations? Let us know!
More Posts To Read on Self-Development:
- How Personal Development Changed My Life
- The 5 Areas Of Personal Development
- 20 of the Best Books For Finding Your Purpose (2023)
- 23 Goals To Set In 2023: Goal Ideas For Self Investment
- 24 Goals To Set in 2024: Ideas To Challenge and Change You
- Hobbies For Women In Their 20s (101+ Ideas To Inspire You)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Book Summary
- Bucket List Ideas: 50 Things To Consider for Your Bucket List
- 30 Things to Do Before You Turn 30: Bucket List 30 Before 30
- Personality vs Temperament: Differences Between the Two
- 10 Powerful Confident Personality Traits To Practice Daily
- What Is Personal Development?
- Self-Development in Your Twenties: Why Is It Important To Actively Challenge Yourself?
- 30-Day Declutter Challenge
- 5 Books Written By Women to Read for Self Development
- 35 Affirmations for Confidence
- 90+ Affirmations For Confidence and Self Love
- 95 Affirmations for Confidence
- 100 Unique Affirmations For Friends
- 10 Powerful Confident Personality Traits To Practice Daily
- 16 Enneagram Number 9 Personality Traits (The Peacemaker)
- What The Enneagram Taught Me About Myself
- 12 Signs of Strong Personality Traits That Show Character