April showers bring May flowers, and I don’t know about you, but I love a rainy spring day.
There’s nothing I love more than taking advantage of the reset and calm a rainstorm can bring. That’s why I’ve made a list of some of my favorite self-care ideas for a rainy spring day.
It’s no secret that self-care helps us maintain our well-being and mental health. Self-care activities are the ultimate game-changer. If you’re looking to squeeze in some extra methods of self-care on a rainy spring day, here are 37 self-care ideas you can do:
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, GenTwenty may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting this resource.
37 Self-Care Ideas for a Rainy Spring Day
1. Enjoy a long afternoon nap. Grab a comfy pillow, silk robe, slippers, and fuzzy blanket, and let yourself rest guilt-free while the rain falls. Take as long of a nap as you need, meaning, don’t set the alarm!
2. Sip a warm cup of coffee or tea. Be your barista and make an at-home latte, or add extra honey to your hot tea for an extra dose of sweetness.
3. Start that book you’ve wanted to read but haven’t started yet. You know, the one you were excited to buy but haven’t opened the cover just yet. If you need a quick book recommendation, check out our book reviews to see if any of the titles mentioned appeal to you.
4. Light some non-toxic candles and enjoy the aromatic ambiance around you. Consider completing a breathing exercise while you indulge in the delightful air around you.
5. Plugin your essential oil diffuser and diffuse a calming scent such as lavender.
6. Get out a coloring book or some plain paper and a box of colored pencils. There are no rules today, so color outside the lines if you want to.
7. Make a gratitude list of all the things you’re most thankful for currently. Try to be as specific as possible to get the most out of this practice. Here are some gratitude writing tips to get you started.
8. Call or text a friend you haven’t spoken to for a while. Check-in and see how they’re doing, and maybe plan you’re next together while you’re at it.
9. Indulge in yoga practice. Here is one of my favorite yoga videos for a rainy day.
10. Start a new show or watch a movie on your favorite streaming service. We all do our fair share of binge-watching, so if that’s what you’re in the mood for today, enjoy it!
11. Write a love letter to yourself to open on a future date. When you finish the letter, store it somewhere safe, and someplace you’ll remember to find it in the future.
12. Choose one room in your home to declutter and organize in its entirety. Prepare a donation bag to compile donations while you declutter.
13. Play a board game or do a puzzle with a loved one. Opt for one of the more challenging puzzles sitting on your shelf today for an extra challenge.
14. If you have ingredients on hand, cook a homemade meal to enjoy, particularly a comforting one. You know, that meal that warms you from the inside out.
15. Clean out your social media feeds. Unfollow or remove accounts that are no longer serving you.
16. Review your current goals and adjust as needed, or add new goals to your current plan.
17. Bake homemade or pre-made cookies.
18. Curl up on the couch and snuggle with your pet if you have one.
19. Take a long, hot bath with bath bombs, bubbles, or Epsom salt if you have some.
20. Elevate your skincare routine with a face mask.
21. Try a cozy craft such as knitting, crocheting, or macrame.
22. Give yourself an at-home spa treatment such as a manicure or pedicure. Don’t forget the self-massage at the end!
23. Are you a gamer? Turn on your gaming console and play video games either solo or with friends.
24. If it isn’t down-pouring, grab your camera and go for a rain walk. Take photos of your favorite rain-coated scenes.
25. Enjoy a virtual museum tour from the comfort of your couch.
26. Turn on your favorite playlist and dance it out in your living room.
27. Clean out your filing cabinet or stacks of miscellaneous paperwork. Shred sensitive paperwork that you no longer need.
28. Give your plants extra love and give them new soil, plant food, and water.
29. Plan a paint and sip date night in your living room with your partner or your best friend.
30. Take an online course to pick up or start learning a new skill.
31. Create a DIY charcuterie board to snack on all day long.
32. Listen to a podcast. We’ve got a few favorite podcasts in mind, including The GenTwenty Podcast. Check out the full list here.
33. Send snail mail to a friend or loved one as a surprise. Add stickers, confetti, and colored doodles for an extra cozy surprise.
34. Practice guided meditation with assistance from a self-care app.
35. Create a collage using your favorite magazine cutouts.
36. Do some online shopping. Splurge a bit today and treat yourself if you can.
37. Rearrange your furniture to switch up and refresh your environment.
If all else fails, put on a rain coat and head out into the weather and enjoy the outdoors! There’s no such thing as bad weather – just bad clothing.
What are some of your favorite self-care ideas? Let us know in the comments below!
More posts on self-care:
- How I Practice Self-Care And Set Boundaries At Work
- 42 Self-Care Apps That Go With You Anywhere 
- 6 Self-Care and Self-Love Books to Read ASAP
- 37 Self-Care Ideas for a Rainy Spring Day
- The 8 Best Journals For Self-Care
- 100 Magical Self-Care Ideas To Start Immediately
- The GenTwenty Podcast Episode 5: Self-Care vs. Self-Soothers
- 7 Acts of Self-Care You May Not Realize Are Self-Care
- 30 Day Self-Care Challenge
- Therabox Review (The Gift of Self-Care Series)
- HopeBox Review (The Gift Of Self-Care Series)
- The Gift of Self-Care Part 3: Feeling Fab Review
- The Gift of Self-Care: MindWander Box Review
- The Gift of Self-Care: Which Is The Best Self-Care Box?