We all go through tough times. An on top of that, we all go through different tough times. The silver lining to this is that we can all get through tough times, too. The sun keeps coming up day after day, and through our hard times, we learn how to heal and grow through our grief.
Related: How To Work Through Hard Times in Your 20s
It is important to lean on your support system in times like this. It is also important to know that it is okay to not be okay.
Sometimes, we need a little reminder. We need an extra push to show us that things will be okay again. Something that reminds me of this is quotes. I find quotes to be powerful things to hold on to, especially during tough moments.
These 25 quotes will help get you through tough times:
- “When everything seems to be against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King
- “The best way to get rid of the pain is to feel the pain. And when you feel the pain and go beyond it, you’ll see there’s a very intense love that is wanting to awaken itself.” – Deepak Chopra
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
- “I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, other s come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Man is fond of counting his troubles but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up, as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
- “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” – Randy Pausch
- “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”- Haruki Murakami
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.”- Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Your mess is your message! Your resilience comes from not giving up on yourself; figuring it out is the most beautiful adventure that you’ll ever have.” – Misty Totzke
- “Going through challenging things can teach you a lot, and they also make you appreciate the times that aren’t so challenging.” – Carrie Fisher
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen
- “I think you need to go through some stuff to really appreciate life and understand what it means to persevere, overcome and have faith. I think those tough times make you a stronger person.” – Judith Hill
- “There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is merely the comparison of one state to the other. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.” – Alexandre Dumas
- “There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit.”– Napoleon Hill
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve
- “Next time life’s GPS sends you astray, take a deep breath, hold on tight and get ready for the ride.” – Michelle Sutter
- “By accepting personal responsibility in life, and showing your scars, you can heal yourself and your excel in business.” – Nancy Abramovitz
- “Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal.” – Nathan Chen
- “When written in Chinese the word “crisis” is composed of two characters – one represents danger and the other represents opportunity.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
Go ahead, print these up, post them next to your workspace/mirror/bedroom, and use them a friendly reminder that you too, will get through this.
[Tweet “25 Quotes To Get Through Tough Times”]