Have you heard a friend mention going on their daily “hot girl walk?” Or maybe you have seen people talk about it on social media. If you have been wondering what exactly the phrase “Hot Girl Walk” means you are not alone.
I decided to look into this TikTok trend to see if it was worth the hype. I’m telling you everything I learned, and more in this post.
How Hot Girl Walks Came To Be
It all started at the beginning of 2021 when Mia, @exactlyliketheothergirls on TIkTok, uploaded a video describing how these Hot Girl Walks have impacted her life and described the “rules” of this daily walk. From there it took off as many people started their own Hot Girl Walk journeys. At the time of writing this, the hashtag #hotgirlwalk has had 315.7 MILLION views.
Mia has continued to share her journey by posting Hot Girl Walk vlogs, tips on getting started, safety reminders, and more. She even started a challenge at the beginning of this year, 2022, called the Hot Girl 75.
There is a spreadsheet available to help you track your progress throughout the 75 days. You can find it through the link in Mia’s TikTok profile.
Hot Girl Walks: More Than Just A TikTok Trend
What Are Hot Girl Walks?
This TikTok trend goes far beyond the app. The benefits can be very rewarding. This walk is basically just that, a walk.
What makes it more than just a walk though is your focus. While you walk your 2-4 mile walk each day here are the things you should think about:
- Things you are grateful for: your walk is a great time to reflect on both the small, and the big, things you are grateful for.
- Your goals and how you’re going to achieve them: since you are only thinking about a small amount of things during this walk, it’s a great time to dig into your goals. Make a mental list of what they are, why you choose them and then figure out the steps you are going to take to achieve them.
- How hot you are: it’s time that you remind yourself how amazing you are. Use this time to build yourself up and make it a point to carry that confidence with you throughout your whole day.
These are the only three things you can think of. You can’t think of your to do list, drama, or anything else your mind might wander to at any other part of your day.
In this list of benefits that I’m sharing you’ll see a variety of different kinds of benefits. As we all know, there are many health benefits to doing regular exercise, like walking, consistently. Walking itself also has other benefits.
However, like Mia has said in her videos, a major benefit of the Hot Girl Walk is mindset based. With that in mind, here are some of the great benefits of Hot Girl Walks.
- Walking Gives You A Mood Boost: A little fresh air can do most anyone good, and since walking is exercise you are getting those endorphins.
- Walking Can Improve Your Health: There are many studies that have discovered the benefits of walking when it comes to your health.
- It Can Boost Your Creativity: This was a surprising benefit to me, but after reading this article it completely makes sense.
- Walking Helps Decrease Anxiety And Depression: As I mentioned before, walking can put you in a good mood. It also positively impacts things like sleep that can have an affect on mental health flare ups.
- Walking Provides A Way To Connect With Nature: While walking on a treadmill is perfectly acceptable, there is something about walking outside and connecting with the nature around you.
- You Can Participate Regardless Of Your Fitness Level: As a plus sized girl I was excited to see a fitness trend that I can do. If you are a beginner like me, start at a distance you feel comfortable. If 2-4 miles isn’t challenging enough for you, try going an extra mile or switching up the pace of your walk. You can make the Hot Girl Walk work for you, wherever you are in your fitness journey.
6 Tips For Starting Your Own Hot Girl Walks
If you are ready to lace up and start walking I’m right there with you! Here are a few tips that will help you on your Hot Girl Walk journey.
Safety Is A Priority
As much as I wish this weren’t the case, we have to constantly be aware of our surroundings when walking around in public. Carrying pepper spray or something to protect yourself with, keeping your location on, and walking in populated areas are just some of the ways to stay safe during your daily Hot Girl Walk.
Walk Whatever Length You Can
As I mentioned above, you can make the Hot Girl Walk work for you no matter what your fitness level is. The recommended length that Mia stated was 2-4 miles.
If you can’t do that length yet, don’t sweat it. Find a length that is challenging but manageable for you and work your way up to 2-4 miles.
This works for timing too, if you only have a thirty minute window of walking time be proud of whatever length you make it to. You could have skipped your walk all together, but you didn’t and that is something to feel great about.
Hot Girl Walks Are Better With Friends
Getting a group of friends to walk with you will not only make your walk more enjoyable, it will keep you accountable too. If there are people in your life that you wish you could spend more time with, invite them to join you on your Hot Girl Walks. You can talk through your dreams and goals and spend more time together.
Take Your Walk Indoors If Needed
Don’t let bad weather or other circumstances that are out of your control stop you from doing your Hot Girl Walk. If you can’t walk outdoors, hit up your local gym and hop on the treadmill. You can still only think about your three things and walk the same length you normally would.
Embody The Hot Girl Mindset
Like Mia has said in her TikToks, the Hot Girl Walk is a mindset. Doing simple things like wearing a cute athletic fit on your walks, saying affirmations before and after your walk, and listening to Mia’s Hot Girl Walk playlist during your walk will keep you feeling like the confident hot girl that you are throughout your whole day.
Do The Hot Girl 75 Challenge
I mentioned this early on in this article, but it’s worth mentioning again. Mia started this challenge at the beginning of 2022, but you can start it any time. A challenge like this is another way to stay accountable and create a new habit of doing these daily walks.
There are also other aspects of this challenge that are really fun, like taking a picture of something beautiful you see on your walk. I plan on starting the Hot Girl 75 challenge myself soon. You can keep updated with my journey through my posts on Instagram and TikTok (username: its_kelly_93).
Now that you know all there is to know about Hot Girl Walks will you be doing the Hot Girl 75 with me? Let me know in the comments.