This article was originally published January 23, 2019.
Do you remember Xanga? Now I may be aging myself, but I loved Xanga. It was where I found all of my favorite quotes to use as my away messages, on my MySpace, and in my AIM profile.
Why am I bringing up Xanga? Because that’s how long quotes have been impacting my life and the lives of other twenty-somethings. I mean, it’s no mystery as to why #MondayMotivation or #WendesdayWisdom are always trending on social media. Starting your day or week off with a good quote can change your entire perspective. Quotes are a good reminder that we are not alone, that we can get through whatever obstacle we’re facing, that there is good in the world, and that everything will be okay.
All of us have times where we are feeling down – where we feel like nothing is going right, where we feel like everything just sucks, and where we feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. All of us have bad weeks where work is just insane or the personal problems just seem as they are continuing to rise and rise.
We all go through difficult times, there is no escaping them. But, let’s try to make them better. Let’s try to switch that perspective a little bit. And let’s try to remember that tough times do not last (but tough people do! – tell me, was that one of your away messages?!).
If you are going through a difficult time, if you have had a bad day at work, or if it’s just the start of another Monday, these are for you. Of course there are thousands, if not millions, of positive quotes out there, but who has time to read all of that? Here are twenty-five quotes that will remind us all of the power of positivity.
25 Quotes That Remind Us of the Power of Positivity
Positive Quotes About Work
- “Your talent determines what you can do, your motivation determines how much you are willing to do, your attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
- “Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
- “I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours…” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.” – Joyce Brothers
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
- “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
- “Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Success only comes to those who dare to attempt.” – Mallika Tripathi
- “Listen to the mustn’ts, child, listen to the don’ts, listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts, listen to the never haves, then listen close to me – anything can happen, child, anything can be.” – Shel Silverstein
Positive Quotes About Life
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
- “The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” – Nelson Henderson
- “Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Promise me you’ll remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think.” – Winnie-the-Pooh/A.A. Milne
- “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
- “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” – Paul Boose
- “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
Positive Quotes About Relationships
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” – Swedish Proverb
- “Some think love can be measured by the amount of butterflies int heir tummy. Others think love can be measured in bunches of flowers, or by using the words ‘for ever.’ But love can only truly be measured by actions. It can be a small thing, such as peeling an orange for a person you love because you know they don’t like doing it.” – Marian Keyes
- “Happily ever after is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice.” – Fawn Weaver