Who run the world? Girls.
There are so many strong, powerful women out there running shit. And whether you are female or male, we can all learn from them, from their drive, from their experiences, and from their advice.
Now I’m not just talking about celebrities — even though there are plenty of female celebrities out there inspiring us all. I want to look at the entrepreneurs, those who broke glass ceilings, and those who continued to persist, even when they were told no.
Next time you are looking for that #MondayMotivation, #WednesdayWisdom, or #ThursdayThoughts to post, consider one of these quotes from a badass female who made her name known and has left her mark on the word.
20 Quotes From Girl Bosses To Inspire You
- “If you want to be a true professional, do something outside yourself.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court Justice
- “I want little girls to grow up knowing they can do anything, even play football.” – Jen Welter, the NFL’s First Female Coach
- “Whatever it is that you think you want to do, and whatever it is that you think stands between you and that, stop making excuses. You can do anything.” – Katia Beauchamp, Co-Founder and CEO of Birchbox
- “People respond well to those that are sure of what they want.” – Anna Wintour, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue
- “There is nothing like a concrete life plan to weigh you down. Because if you always have one eye on some future goal, you stop paying attention to the job at hand, miss opportunities that might arise, and stay fixedly on one path, even when a better, newer course might have opened up.” – Indra Nooyi, CEO of PepsiCo
- “I learned to always take on things I’ve never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” – Virginia Rometty, CEO of IBM
- “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics
- “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s a moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer, former CEO of Yahoo
- “None of us can know what we are capable of until we are tested.” – Elizabeth Blackwell, First Woman to Graduate from Medical School in the U.S.
- “Don’t ever be afraid to ask for help. Always be cultivating a support network so that when you stumble – and you will – they’ll be there to catch you.” – Claire Wasserman, CEO and Founder of Ladies Get Paid
- “If you are committed to creating value and if you aren’t afraid of hard times, obstacles become utterly unimportant. A nuisance perhaps, but with no real power. The world respects creation; people will get out of your way.” – Candice Carpenter, CEO of iVillage
- “I did not have the most experience in the industry or the most money, but I cared the most.” – Sara Blakely, Founder of Spanx
- “Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” – Gloria Steinem, American Journalist and Activist
- “I had two options. One was to remain silent and never to speak and then to be killed by terrorists. The second option was to speak up for my rights and then die. And I chose the second one.” – Malala Yousafzai, Youngest Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- “Each person must live their life as a model for others.” – Rosa Parks, Civil Rights Activist
- “I think the truth of the matter is, people who end up as “first” don’t actually set out to be first. They set out to do something they love and it just so happens that they are the first to do it.” – Condoleezza Rice, Former U.S. Secretary of State
- “Do the best you can in every task, no matter how unimportant it may seem at the time. No one learns more about a problem than the person at the bottom.” – Sandra Day O’Connor, First Woman Appointed to the Supreme Court
- “You will be defined not just by what you achieve, but by how you survive.” – Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook
- ” We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder and Former Editor-in-Chief of The Huffington Post
- “Stay true to yourself and your vision. Don’t let any one person’s opinion move you; listen, but be confident.” – Amanda Kahlow, Founder of 6Sense
[click_to_tweet tweet=”20 Quotes From Girl Bosses To Inspire You” quote=”20 Quotes From Girl Bosses To Inspire You”]
We know that there are so many great girl bosses out there giving us all that motivation we need. What’s your favorite quote? Share it in the comments below or tweet it at us! We’re always looking for new great quotes to share.