Subscription boxes are gaining in popularity, there are thousands of different options out there. There are boxes for everything from clothes to meal kits and everything in-between.
Did you know there are many self-care box options? In this series, The Gift of Self-Care, I am reviewing five popular self-care boxes.
How It Works
Each month I will be reviewing a self-care box. When I receive each box I’ll be doing an unboxing on either my Instagram or the GenTwenty Instagram. Then I will try out the products and share my review.
Each month I will review my overall thoughts of the box, as well as the products. Then at the end of the series, I’ll be writing a big comparison post. I’ll be rating the boxes in categories such as value, packaging, use of products, brand engagement and more. The review post will be linked here when it is live!
By the end of the series, it is my hope that you’ll find a box that you love that will remind you to take time out of your busy day to take care of you.
The Gift of Self-Care: Go Love Yourself Review
Personal development is my thing. I love reading, building skills, and really any activity that helps me to become the best version of me that I can be. Because of that, I have been eyeing the Go Love Yourself box for a while now because it comes with a personal development book. At first, I didn’t realize that this was a self-care box until doing research for this series. I was a little conflicted but I decided to see if this was indeed a self-care box.
Upon receiving the Go Love Yourself box I came to the realization that reading was a form of self-care. I was excited to dig into the box to see what other self-care products would be included. I’ll get to that soon.
You get many different options for membership with this box. Some of them include a private Facebook group, The book exclusively, and then, of course, the full self-care box. I am reviewing the full Deluxe Self-Care Subscription box from February. I thought that February would be the perfect time to get this box, it is called Go Love Yourself after all.
The Deluxe Self-Care box not only comes with 3-5 products and a book, but you also receive a magazine and a 30-minute coaching call. Here are the specific items I got in my box.
- The Go Love Yourself Magazine: This was a cool addition to this box. I was expecting product descriptions and that was about it. There was so much more in this magazine. There were articles, information on the two coaching options, and even an interview with one of the product creators. It was beautifully designed and informative. At the end of the magazine, they give subscribers a sneak peek of what is to come next month.
- Self-Compassion by Kristen Neff, Ph.D.: In my opinion, I couldn’t have gotten a more perfect book for the month of February. I had just recently put this book on my to-be-read list, so I was ecstatic to have it in this box. With the book, you also get access to a Facebook group book club with the rest of the Go Love Yourself community. I haven’t quite finished it yet, but it has already been impactful. Each chapter has activities to do. This makes what you are reading more personable and interactive. It also made the book the perfect companion for the next item in the Go Love Yourself box.
- Good Things Take Time Journal: I’m a sucker for a notebook with a quote on it. A bonus for this journal is that it’s the perfect size. It’s small enough where you can easily take it with you wherever you go, and big enough to be easy to write in.
- Raaka Pink Sea Salt Chocolate: Sadly I didn’t like this chocolate bar, but I’m sure others did. I appreciate having a snack in a self-care box.
- Tea Drops Herbal Tea Drop Variety Pack: Tea, well, isn’t my cup of tea. I tried it though because I am up to try anything. I do know that tea can be a very relaxing self-care experience. It makes sense that it would be included in a self-care box. I thought it was cool that it was a dissolving “drop.” I’ve only known tea to come in bags.
- 15 Minute Pamper Kit: This was my favorite product in the box. There is so much in this pack! It included a hair mask, eye mask, hand mask, foot mask, and three face masks. It was truly the ultimate pamper kit.
- 30-minute Coaching Session: In addition to the products, each subscriber of the Deluxe Self-Care box gets a 30-minute coaching call. You get to choose between two coaches. My experience was amazing. I wasn’t sure how this would go at first, because I had never done anything like this. I ended up enjoying the session and felt much lighter after it ended.
This box was as great as I thought it would be. It definitely proved itself to be a self-care box, not just focused on personal development.
My favorite aspect of this box is the coaching. It’s not something I expected from a subscription box. One of my goals for this year is to get coaching or go to a conference, so I’m glad that this was included. My rating for this box would be a 9 out of 10. I didn’t like the chocolate and tea, but the other products more than made up for that. I hope to order this box again someday because I enjoyed this one.
What do you think of my review? Will you be ordering a Go Love Yourself box?
And as a fun bonus, be sure to check out this 30 Day Self-Care Challenge!