What better way to show appreciation than a note of gratitude with one of these thank you mentor quotes included?
Having a good mentor is so important. They can guide you in all aspects of life — personally, mentally, emotionally, romantically and most commonly, professionally. Maybe you met your first mentor when you were in college, or at your first job when you met a senior colleague. No matter how you met, you probably connected over a common bond.
The mentorship becomes even stronger when there’s a relationship formed between you and your mentor. This makes it come off as a real relationship rather than an obligation, meaning that they actively want you to succeed and will give you the proper guidance and advice to get there, rather than just checking a box off their life of “things to do.”
Mentors take time out of their day to work with you, listen to you, provide you with this guidance, and see you through whatever obstacle you’re overcoming or goal you’re trying to achieve. They will share just the right words to help you make the right decision when you’re at a crossroads, and they’ll celebrate the good things with the bad.
They deserve all of the gratitude from you, both because they are investing their time (and maybe even more) in you, but also because a thank you goes a long way in terms of building strong relationships. The greatest mentors are the best teachers who give you an invaluable gift.
So how can you thank your mentor?
Share words of appreciation for your dear mentor. The best way to thank your fantastic mentor for being a great teacher is an appreciation note. You can write them a thank you card. Or you can post your gratitude publicly on social media (assuming they’re cool with that).
If you’re writing any sort of publication (like a book) you can include your thanks here. No matter which option you choose, your mentor is sure to feel appreciated and your relationship will become even stronger, helping it remain long-lasting. To help you, here are some thank you mentor quotes for you to use.
50+ Thank You Mentor Quotes
- “You are my inspiration. Thank you for being a wonderful friend, teacher, and mentor.”
- “Please accept my appreciation for your support and mentorship. Thank you for changing my life.”
- “I was unaware of what I didn’t know until you started mentoring me. Thank you for your time, effort, patience, and care with me throughout every conversation we have shared.”
- “Thank you for fueling my passion, I greatly appreciate it your support and guidance.”
- “I have always borrowed and applied your life skills. Thank you for your mentorship.”
- “Thank you for modeling me to be a better person in society. I appreciate your support.”
- “Thank you for proving to me it’s always okay to fall, but how you rise determines how far you go.”
- “I learned so many remarkable qualities from observing you. I am more patient, dedicated, and focused because of your help. My success is due to all of your guidance and constant support.”
- “I want to take this moment to thank you for believing in me, you never gave up. You have been an excellent mentor and teacher. Thank you for your mentorship.”
- “Thank you for answering my calls and messages, you were never tired of my questions. I am this successful because of you.”
- “By being my mentor, you have given me invaluable gifts that will carry me through life. I am confident and sure of myself because of your shining example. Thank you for being you.”
- “My success is due to your support, encouragement, and guidance. Thank you for your mentorship.”
- “Thank you for the many conversations, you never got tired of me. You are an amazing mentor. Thanks for your mentorship.”
- “When I felt the lowest in life, you were my guide and support. Thank you for being my mentor.”
- “You have impacted my life; you have left a footprint on my life. Thank you for being my mentor.”
- “I continue to find benefits from your mentorship. Thank you for teaching me to be the best in life.”
- “Thank you for showing me how to stand on my feet and face any challenge. I count myself lucky to have a mentor like you.”
- “Thank you for always guiding me back to the right path. I really do not know where I would be without you, other than lost! Your support and teaching have gifted me with perspective and direction I would not have otherwise had, and I thank you.”
- “Thank you for being so positive every time I wound up getting discouraged. Your patience with me was in abundance, and I don’t know where I would have wound up without your mentorship.”
- “You have been my guide, tutor, and mentor, throughout every step along the way. To say I appreciate your time would be an understatement, and I thank you.”
- “Thank you for challenging me to be a better person in life. I appreciate you for mentoring me.”
- “I feel very lucky to have you as a mentor. Thank you for all of the hard but necessary lessons that you have taught me. I have a tremendous amount of faith in myself and my abilities because of your ongoing encouragement.”
- “You have a heart of gold, thank you for your mentoring. I really appreciate it.”
- “I am so grateful you took me under your wings; I am who I am because of your guidance and kindness. Thank you for being a wonderful mentor.”
- “If it was not for you, I would not be where I am today. Thank you for holding my hands and teaching me the ropes.”
- “You have inspired me to go places that I never thought I would ever reach. Now I believe with hard work and dedication everything is possible. Thank you for your mentorship.”
- “Thank you for being a pillar of encouragement and support, I couldn’t do this without you.”
- “If it wasn’t for your invaluable mentorship, I wouldn’t be where I am now. Thank you.”
- “Thank you for always only being a call, email or text away. You support has unpinned my success.”
- “Thank you for helping me be the best version of me.”
Career Specific Thank Yous
- “The knowledge and wisdom you have imparted to me have been of great help in my career. Thank you for being my mentor.”
- “Thank you for all you have taught me in business, you have been an inspiration to me.”
- “I have learned from you the importance of patience, tolerance, making the right decisions, and trust in business. Thank you for being an amazing mentor.”
- “You have helped me shape my professional life into profitable stills. You are an amazing mentor, I appreciate your guidance.”
- “Every day I have worked for you, I have learned something new from you. You have taught me a lot of things in business. Thanks for being a great mentor.”
- “I want to let you know how much I appreciate you, for being a superb mentor in my life. You have really helped me get on track in my career.”
- “Because of the time that you took with me, I feel as though your mentorship is going to take my career to new heights. Thank you for having gone out of your way to help me.”
- “My career is heading in the right direction. Thanks to you. Thank you so much for your mentorship.”
- “Thank you for giving me a strong foundation in this business. It will really help me when starting my own business.”
- “It will be difficult to count how you have assisted me in my career. The ways are countless. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me.”
Short And Sweet Thank Yous
- “Thank you for your support, time, and dedication.”
- “I am so thankful for your encouragement and support.”
- “Thank you for accepting to be my mentor.”
- “Thank you for being a role model, you are the best mentor that I have always wished for.”
- “Thank you for always being a good listener. Thanks for mentoring me.”
- “I was lucky to have you as my mentor. Thank you for investing your time in me.”
- “You inspire me. Thank you for your guidance and leadership.”
- “Your qualities are a great inspiration to my life. Thank you for being my mentor.”
- “Thank you so much for your guidance and advice. Now I can stand on my own.”
- “My life has changed all because of you. Thank you for mentoring me.”
- “Your support has been invaluable. Thank you for being here with me.”
In Summary: Thank You Quotes For Your Mentor
These appreciation messages are more than inspirational quotes — they’re a way to show your mentor gratitude for being a good teacher and great leader, and to return a kind word for all of the words of encouragement they undoubtably expressed to you.
If you have a true mentor, you have someone in your corner for life who can be a great role model, and that can make a great difference in your personal life and career path when it’s the right person.
More on Mentors:
- Repeat After Me: Find a Mentor, Be a Mentor
- #G20Chat Recap: Mastering Mentorships
- 5 Questions to Tell if Your Mentor is a Good Fit For You
- 5 Benefits of a Mentor