Your twenties are a tumultuous new chapter of your life. And every now and then, you need a little inspirational mantra to get you through the challenging times. These are the quotes we remember when the going gets tough and we need to dig deeper than we ever thought possible.
11 Quotes For Your 20s
1. “Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
At the end of the day, you are the person you spend the most time with. Your 20s are for figuring out how to like yourself.
2. “To me, fearless is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.” – Taylor Swift
Your twenties are about learning to be fearless. It’s being scared and going for it instead. We’re all scared to start new jobs, be in new relationships, to make big decisions or big moves. But we gotta go for it anyway.
3. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
In your 20s relationships come and go. Some people will be in your life forever and some just for a season. We’re connected, though, no matter how long we are in touch for. All of our relationships change us in one way or another.
4. “It’s never too late to be who you might have been.” – George Eliot
Whether you’re in your 20s or older, you can start over at any time. At no point are you stuck in your path.
5. “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” – Lady Gaga
This quote is interesting because at its core it’s saying to invest in yourself and don’t let other people define you.
6. “A self is not something static, tied up in a pretty parcel and handed to a child, finished and complete. A self is always becoming.” – Madeleine L’Engle
You are always in a state of change and growth. The you who you were yesterday is not the you who you are today. We’re always growing and improving. Don’t let yesterday’s you hold you back from being tomorrow’s you.
7. “Nobody puts baby in a corner.” – Johnny (Dirty Dancing)
This quote explains itself, right? No one puts YOU in a corner. Be proud to be who you are.
8. “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” – Stephen King
We’re all struggling with something, whether it shows or not. We all have trauma. And it’s not a trauma competition. And you don’t have to share your trauma. But you can grow despite it.
9. “Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
This quote is all about confidence. Be confident in who you are. Other people have no power over what you think of yourself. And that is something you learn in your 20s.
10. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
Stop holding your past against you! This is one thing on our 30 before 30 bucket list and it’s something we should all do!
å11. “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You don’t blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the President. You realize that you control your own destiny.” – Albert Ellis
We couldn’t love this quote more. When you are able to grow and come into your own, you realize that you have to take control of your choices and decisions to take control of your life.