The holiday season is starting, and by-golly I want to be the best gift-giver ever! After a year of not seeing friends long enough to give them thoughtful gifts, I’m ready to move away from the half-ass gift card and into “Oh, my god I love this!” territory.
As someone who’s always prided herself on knowing exactly what to give people during the holidays, I’ve spent years figuring out the similarities between my friends, their zodiac signs, and their interests. Whether or not you believe in the power of the zodiac, it never hurts to get some gift ideas as the end of the year holidays get closer. Keep reading to find out what kind of gifts each zodiac sign deserves this winter!
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Get Each Zodiac Sign for the Holidays
Aries (March 21st – April 19th)
Aries are known for equating gifts with love. As naturally hot-headed, loving people, Aries deserve gifts that make them feel appreciated. Focus on getting them something with a story behind it, all while keeping in mind that an Aries is known for being determined, active, and spontaneous.
- The Weekender from Away Travel: The perfect carry-on duffle for every spontaneous traveller. Small enough to fit in tight spaces, but large enough to carry a week’s full of clothes, this bag is ideal for those Aries who buy plane tickets without thinking, and travel with little planning.
- Mars Print from I am Fy: Aries are ruled by Mars, so what could be more perfect than a Mars print to put up on their wall? This is perfect for the wandering Aries who feels most comfortable in their home. Whenever they feel lost or like they’re floating in space, they can ground themselves on their ruling planet with just a glance at the wall.
Taurus (April 20th – May 20th)
Taurus are known for desiring social stability and extravagance. Instead of calling them greedy or gluttonous, think of your Taurus friends as indulgent. As an Earth zodiac, Taurus are grounded heavily in their personal reality, making them homebodies.
- Night Garden Woven Throw from I am Fy: This woven throw is perfect to use on a sofa, hang on the wall, or as decor. Taurus are attracted to the color green and the feeling of comfort and protection. This throw has an air of beauty and wonder to it that any Taurus is sure to love.
- Empress 1908 Gin from Empress Gin: Known best as indulgent people, your Taurus friends will be sure to love this botanical alcohol. Gin is an earthy drink, paired best with tonic water and citrus. Undeniable decadent, Empress 1908 Gin is distinctly special due to its color and delicious taste. For those Taurus who drink as if they’re straight from the 1920s, this twist on a classic liquor is a perfect holiday gift.
Gemini (May 21st – June 21st)
The Gemini are an intelligent people, though they may come off as nosey or elitist. When shopping for your Gemini friends, remember that the basis of Gemini existence is adaptability, impulsivity, and innovation. They’re a uniquely curious person with a craving for boldness and fun.
- Night Sky Daily Planner from Papier—Gemini are spontaneous and fun, but this can make them forgetful or a little “spacey”. This daily planner will help keep them on track in their everyday lives, while maintaining a sense of style. For the Gemini who always seems to be running five minutes late to everything, this planner will be the perfect holiday gift.
- Lora Top & Julia Pant from Revolve—Your Gemini friend is perfectly scatter-brained, making this gift the perfect fit. Known for being spontaneous, Gemini will sometimes wander off the beaten path and find themselves booking an Airbnb three hours away without blinking an eye. This comfy travel set is perfect to have packed away in the trunk for such occasions.
Cancer (June 22nd – July 22nd)
Your Cancer friends are probably the easiest to spot due to their emotional outbursts, protective nature, and overall magnetic personality. Cancers exude warmth and safety to those around them, but they feel most comfortable in their own home. Look for gifts that will make your Cancer friends feel comfortable when they’re alone in their personal space.
- Washed Cotton Comforter Snooze Set from Urban Outfitters—This dreamy teal bedding set is perfect for the Cancer who loves curling up in their rooms at the end (or middle) of the day. As water signs, Cancers are automatically attracted to cool tones, making this set the perfect mix of homey and blue.
- Oyster Shell Trinket Dish from The Gilded Shell—This handcrafted catch-all dish is made from oyster shells found off the coast of Florida and Virginia. It’s equal parts unique and pretty, making it the perfect gift for your jewelry wearing Cancers.
Leo (July 23rd-August 22nd)
- Orange Peel Cologne from Saks Fifth Avenue: This citrusy scent is guaranteed to wow any Leo. As naturally bright people, they’re intrigued and enlightened by fun flirty scents such as this one. Whether it’s a fun summer spritz or aromatic fall scent, this perfume is going to be a hit. Your Leo should wear three spritzes a day; one on each wrist and one where their collarbones meet.
- Rose Wine Sampler from In Good Taste: This wine sampler is every rose fiends best friend. It’s simple, fun, and alcoholic. Leos love alcohol. You can also get your friends a sampler set of white wine, or a six pack of one of the other flavors. If you want something a little more holiday themed, you can also pick up this holiday advent wine calendar. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Virgo (August 23rd – September 22nd)
Your Virgo friends are analytical, reliable, and practical, making them one of the most difficult signs to buy gifts for. Since they are so methodical in their thinking, they usually find themselves to be stressed, tense, and overly anxious. The excessive attention they give to insignificant details can sometimes mean that they overly analyze any gifts they receive. A simple journal might make them think that you’re wishing they’d be quiet more often, and a nice skin care product might make them think that you’ve noticed their acne. To avoid these critical viewpoints, focus on finding a gift that your Virgo friend will fall in love with immediately.
- This is for the Women Who Don’t Give a Fuck from Janne Robinson: This poetry collection is meant for those who see the world through the lens of intense concentration. For your Virgo friends, it is the perfect book to show them that they are not alone in their ever growing curiosity for life. This book is full of stories, observations, and perfect for any Virgo.
- Detox + Replenish Gift Set from Metta Good: This pre-made gift set is perfect for the Virgo that needs some time to chillax. With two lip balms, whipped body butter, rose cardamom bath salts, charcoal face mask, and luxe face towel, this kit is the set up to a perfect night. Sometimes your Virgo friend just needs a few hours of relaxation, and this is the perfect way for them to get it.
Libra (September 23rd – October 23rd)
Libras are known to be extroverted, friendly, and empathetic people, though they often come off as a little self centered. In their need to be balanced, they will do anything to avoid conflict, meaning they might ignore others’ struggles to maintain a sense of peace. This nature can be draining for the Libra and those around, so it’s important to get gifts that are focused on the Libra’s relaxation and comfort.
- New Fashioned from Haus: This spiced aperitif is full of warm flavors like cinnamon, ginger, and clove. Perfectly paired with a tonic water or prosecco, this drink is made to be special. For any Libra, the sense of refreshing relaxation will no doubt be the highlight of their day.
- Bold Hoops from Mejuri: Fortune favors the bold, and Libras are the boldest zodiac of all. These chunky gold hoops are just dramatic enough to attract attention without being overly gaudy or extreme. For the ever-dramatic Libra, these earrings will pair perfectly with a quick wit and scorching smile.
Scorpio (October 24th – November 31st)
Your Scorpio friends are known for being determined, opinionated, and honest, which makes them one hell of a gift-receiver. They are without a doubt the easiest sign to read when the gift isn’t suitable in their eyes. When buying for your Scorpio friends, focus on finding something small that embodies their edgy beauty perfectly.
- We’re Not Really Strangers from We’re Not Really Strangers: Almost every Scorpio has the innate ability to put up concrete walls to avoid human connection. They might seem spacey, or distanced, but they’re actually just feeling the need to be more connected with you and they don’t know how. This fun card game is perfect to play between two friends. Deep questions lead to deep answers and a solid heart-to-heart connection.
- By the Moonlight Art Print from Jungalow: Scorpios are descendents of water itself, so this print is perfect to ease the mind of a wildly intense psyche. Calmness exudes from this print, and your Scorpio friends are bound to love it as much as we do.
Sagittarius (November 22nd – December 21st)
Sagittarius are known risk-takers. They love adventure and travel and the possibility for something amazing. They are heavily emotional and intensely charismatic, making them the perfect person to reach out to when in need. When buying them gifts, focus on their liveliness and beauty.
- Eleanor Crossbody Bag from FEED: This crossbody bag is perfect for those who always seem to be on the go. Large enough to carry everything needed for the day, but smaller enough to toss over your shoulder with ease, this bag is a great fit for your adventurous Sagittarius friends. Plus, buying this bag will help feed 50 children.
- Summer Time Hook Pillow from Jungalow: These gorgeous throw pillows are perfect to make your Sagittarius living rooms pop with color and uniqueness. They’re fun, just like your Sag bestie, and they’re perfect for the holidays.
- A cute beanie from an ethical brand. The perfect seasonally-appropriate way to combine two things your Sag friends love!
Capricorn (December 22nd – January 19th)
Capricorns are ambitious, realistic, and practical. When looking for gifts for your Capricorn friends, try looking for something that will let them take time for themselves. As the most ambitious zodiac sign, Capricorn’s can border on the line of workaholic, so it’s best to help them relax if possible.
- Coco Oat Soak from So Luxury: This relaxing oatmeal soak is what every Capricorn needs to relax after a long day. After working too hard, it can be easy to go to bed tense and uncomfortable, but this soak will allow your Capricorn friends to take a few minutes for themselves.
- Sansevieria Moonshine from Bloomscape: For your friend that doesn’t know how to relax without taking care of something, get them this easy to manage plant. Not only will the green light up their room, but having something to care for other than human beings will be oddly relaxing for them. Look through Bloomscape, too, because they have a ton of plants waiting for attention.
Aquarius (January 20th – February 18th)
Your Aquarius friends are known best for being clever. They may be your most advanced friends, and since they’re an air sign, they may be a little hard to pin down. Some days they’re energetic and lively, while other days are withdrawn and relaxing. Finding a gift for such a unique person is hard… but not impossible.
- A Velocity of Being Art Print from Society6: This art print is emotional and deep while still being pleasing on the eye. For your Aquarius friends, the constant expectance to fit into a certain box will feel suffocating. This print will remind your friend that people are ever changing, and that it’s not bad to be a different version of yourself in the morning.
- Baluarte Bag from Souk + Sepia: This small fanny pack is the perfect on the go choice for you Aqaurius friends. It’s casual, easy to pair, and not overwhelmingly large. This bag is perfect for the Aquarius that wakes up every day as a new person.
Pisces (February 19th – March 20th)
Pisces are a naturally emotional person, who is able to connect deeply with their friends. They’re comforting nature makes them warm to those around them. When buying gifts, play off of your friends’ need for sensitivity and look for a gift that will invoke true emotion.
- I Am Everything Affirmation Card Deck: This is the perfect gift for the Pisces that feels as if they’re floating on a raft of emotions. By using these affirmation cards, your sensitive friend will be able to connect deeply with themself as well as those around them.
- Diana F+ Camera and Flash from Lomography: For the Pisces that wants to remember every good thing that’s ever happened, this film camera will be the perfect gift. It’s thoughtful, but not constricting. As a beginner film camera, it will be easy to get the hang of and understand the functions
We hope this list helps a little in your search for the holidays this year. If you have any comments or ideas for future gift-givings, go ahead and connect below! Good luck as we begin to wrap up the year, and have a very lovely December.