For as long as I can remember, I have loved trying to dissect the meaning of quotes. I love trying to understand how others feel through their words. So it makes sense that I am particularly drawn to quotes that deliver a positive or hopeful message, or that can help to convey the importance of self-care.
For this article, I have shared some of my favorite personal quotes from celebrities, entrepreneurs and philosophers about the importance of self-care and having a positive mindset.
I hope the following 25 quotes help you to see just how powerful self-care is and how capable we are of creating positive change and growth in our own lives and the lives of others.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”25 Quotes About Self-Care” quote=”25 Quotes About Self-Care”]
25 Quotes About Self-Care
1. “Strength grows in the moments you think you can’t go on but you keep going on anyway”. – Karen Salmansohn
2. “As you begin to love yourself, you will find that pain and suffering are only warning signs that you are living against your own truth.” – Zen Proverb
3. “If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
4. “Self-love is the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. And when you make that a priority everything else falls into place around it. If you want to make positive thinking a bigger part of your everyday life, starting with how you talk to and think about yourself is the first step.” – Sara Flanagan
5. “It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute…that gives meaning to our lives.” – Tony Robbins
6. “Your mindset is the key to a life of happiness and success.” – Lucy Smith
7. “Delaying pain doesn’t help you. When given the choice always do the tough stuff today.” – Whitney
8. “Achieving your goals is hard! And you will have days you feel like you can’t make it happen. Entrepreneurship almost requires failure, results after defeat, calls for those who shouldn’t, by all means, couldn’t but do. And you can too! Dig deep, this journey needs you to push harder than you ever have before, to be persistent, insistent, and consistent! NEVER GIVE UP, the dream is still alive as long as you keep going and believe in yourself.” – Nadalie Bardowell
9. “You’ve got to follow your passion. You’ve got to figure out what it is you love – who you really are. And have the courage to do that. I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams”. – Oprah Winfrey
10. “It seems to me, we think more of ourselves than we should, And less of ourselves than we should. The trick is to find the balance.” – Debrah McCabe
11. “Whatever you want to do in this world, it is achievable. The most important thing that I’ve found, that perhaps you could use, is be passionate and enthusiastic in the direction that you choose in life, and you’ll be a winner.” – Steve Irwin
12. “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
13. “If you pay attention to small milestones you become more and more confident towards your end goal. You start believing that you can actually do it, and you eventually do it for real.” – Elise Mcdowell
14. “Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, hold within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it.” – Buddha
15. “You were born with everything you need to follow the call of your soul.” – Marie Forleo
16. “When you show deep empathy toward others, their defensive energy goes down, and positive energy replaces it. That’s when you can get more creative in solving problems.” – Stephen Covey
17. “We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.” – Robin Sharma
18. “We often skip from thought to thought, worry to worry, past to present in a foggy haze. And the problem with this foggy haze is it can fill up most of our lives. Our life unfolds in moments when we are not present, not living in the here and now, we miss these moments. When we miss these moments, when the foggy haze fills up most of our lives, then we miss our lives. And tuning into our lives, now that’s a happiness guarantee.” – Tina Williams
19. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis
20. “No longer will my thoughts rule me. Today I choose to believe that who I AM, what I DO, and what I HAVE is more than enough.” – Brianna Wilkerson
21. Right now you are one choice away from a new beginning – one that leads you towards becoming the fullest human being you can be.” – Oprah Winfrey
22. “Your health is an investment, not an expense. So invest consciously.” – Amanda Nazzal
23. “All the excuses in the world won’t change one simple fact: that fear is a sign to do whatever it is you fear – and do it quickly… I am scared most of the time. However, I refuse to feed my fear with time and allow it to get stronger. I opt instead to get things done quickly.” – Grant Cardone
24. “Five seconds ago only exists as a memory and one minute from now could be a world apart from what we imagine it will be. Live in the present. It’s the only real moment we have.” – Josee Perron
25. “I’m not perfect…but I’m enough.” – Carl Rogers
Which quote resonated the most with you? Or do you have your own favourite positive mindset quote? Share your own in the comments below!