Letting go is not always easy. It can be scary. It can seem wrong. It can be weird. It can be really upsetting.
But sometimes, it’s what needs to happen.
Whether you’re in a toxic relationship, a bad job, a friendship that has changed for the worse, stuck in a rut, etc., sometimes the only option is to let go, move on, and see what happens.
We all need to let go of certain things, certain memories, certain people, certain experiences, and certain periods throughout our life. If we do not let go, we do not grow.
That is a lot easier said than done. But as time passes, you will realize that you made the right decision. And for now, here are 25 quotes to remind you that letting go is okay.
25 Quotes To Remind You That Letting Go Is Okay
- “Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.” – Stephen King
- “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “You can’t possibly embrace that new relationship, that new companion, that new career, that new friendship, or that new life you want, while you’re still holding on to the baggage of the last one. Let go… and allow yourself to embrace what is waiting for you right at your feet.” – Steve Maraboli
- “You can only lose what you cling to.” – Buddha
- “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
- “To let go does not mean to get rid of. To let go means to let be. When we let be with compassion, things come and go on their own.” – Jack Kornfield
- “It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.” – Angelina Jolie
- “Letting go isn’t a one-time thing, it’s something you have to do every day, over and over again.” – Dawson’s Creek
- “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” – Jessica Hatchigan
- “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever ‘the old’ means for you.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Life is just a slide. Back and forth between loving and leaving, remembering and forgetting, holding on, and letting go.”– Nicole Lyons
- “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.” – Amit Ray
- “You can’t move forward if you’re still hanging on.”– Sue Fitzmaurice
- ” When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” – Lao Tzu
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go, until one day it’s gone for good.” – Eleanor Brownn
- “Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on.” – Bob Newhart
- “Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
- “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.” – Jeffrey McDaniel
- “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Landers
- “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Leaders spend 5% of their time on the problem and 95% of their time on the solution. Get over it and crush it.” – Anthony Robbins
- “Before you can live, a part of you has to die. You have to let go of what could have been, how you should have acted and what you wish you would have said differently. You have to accept that you can’t change past experiences, opinions of others at that moment in time, or outcomes from their choices or yours. When you finally recognize that truth, then you will understand the true meaning of forgiveness of yourself and others. From this point you will finally be free.” – Shannon L. Alder
Letting go of something is one feeling we will all experience one way or another in our lives. It can be a roller coaster of emotions until we get to the stage of acceptance. Turn to these quotes about letting go as reminders or even affirmations of sorts to help you feel more grounded in your decision.
[Tweet “25 Quotes To Remind You That Letting Go Is Okay”]