This post contains affiliate links.
As much as we love non-fiction, the fiction genre will always hold a special place in our hearts.
Some of our first loves and grandest adventures will always live within the pages of fiction books.
No matter where we go in life, these characters taught us some of life’s greatest lessons, and filled our souls in ways real people could not. Luckily, they are forever only a page away.
Here are 18 of our favorite fiction titles that we think you should read in your twenties:
1. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
2. The Bell Jar by Slyvia Plath
3. Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
4. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
5. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
7. Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham
9. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
10. The Way It Never Was by Lucy Austin
11. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
12. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
13. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
14. His Dark Materials Series by Philip Pullman
15. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
16. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
17. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
18. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
Many thanks to Rachael Tulipano, Victoria Fry, Natalee Desotell, Gina Lombardo, Mae L’Heureux, and Clare Behe for contributing to this list.
Discussion: We’re curious — what fiction books do you think are must-reads for twenty-somethings?