This post is in collaboration with Job Flare.
Did you know that 48 percent of recruiters report not seeing enough qualified candidates for open positions? That means nearly half of recruiters feel that there are stronger candidates out there for positions they are filling. And that person could be you.
That statistic indicates that there is a disconnect between the quality of job seekers and available positions, meaning that you could be missing out on valuable career opportunities that you would be an excellent fit for.
That same survey also reveals that recruiters are finding it more difficult to reach out to candidates they think would be a good fit. This leaves ample opportunity for strong, qualified candidates to present themselves.
When it comes down to it, hiring managers want to meet valuable qualified candidates to make sure they are hiring the cream of the crop who will not only produce incredible results for the company but who will be a great culture fit as well.
Developed by Criteria Corp, a pre-employment testing company, Job Flare is an app that correlates a set of six 90-second brain games to predictors of job success including your math and verbal abilities, attention to detail, and memory.
Aptitude tests are one of the most predictive factors of job success and indicate which candidates will be star performers in the years to come, making your results a valuable asset to support your job application or interview.
These brain games (outlined below) are scientifically developed to test key talents and cognitive abilities that employers are looking for. These particular skills are predictors of long-term job performance and indicate to employers potential for growth–a key factor in the hiring process to reduce turnover and improve employee productivity.
So, how does Job Flare work?
- Start by downloading the app for free to your iPhone and sign up with either your Facebook account, LinkedIn profile or email address.
- Enter your zip code to determine your location.
- Select up to three career fields you are interested in receiving a list of relevant job opportunities in.
- Begin the six 90-second brain games after a quick tutorial for each:
- Mental Fitness Games
- Robot Inspector: Determine if two robot illustrations are an exact match or not.
- Expert Witness: Memorize suspects for a crime and recall them later.
- Verbal Games
- Mumble Jumble: See a set of four letters. Determine whether or not they make a word.
- Words of a Feather: Determine whether or not two words have the same meaning of different meaning.
- Math Games
- Infruition: See varying sets of lemons and blueberries for 0.3 seconds and determine which fruit there was more of.
- Weigh Station: See two trucks with two different equations and select which truck has the higher number.
- Mental Fitness Games
- You will then be scored and rated for your overall performance and be ranked by percentile next to all other users.
- When relevant job opportunities come available, you will receive an email with the information.
You can also retake the brain games to improve your scores in the different areas to be ranked higher.
Who is Job Flare best for?
Job Flare is a great tool for young adults or recent graduates who are looking to further distinguish themselves from their peers.
It’s also a great tool to use to show your strengths, abilities, and potential if you are changing industries and effectively starting over.
It can also be a powerful asset to prove you deserve that promotion or raise you’ve been working hard towards.
Additional research has shown that 28 percent of job seekers (53 percent in the 18-29 age group) are using their mobile devices as part of the job search. An app that taps into aptitude tests, one of the strong predictors of job success, gives you a leg up in an increasingly mobile-dominated world by showing how you rank against other users.
Job searching can be an exhausting process, but it is comforting to know that hiring managers are looking for more desirable and qualified candidates. As job seekers, we should be doing everything in our power to make the process simple and easy to show that we are the best candidate for the job.