If there is one thing that is evident for us twenty-somethings, it’s trying to find that sacred balance of saving money and paying bills while still enjoying your twenties! This is definitely a learned concept that I hear get easier as the years go on (I, myself have yet to master it, but I’m getting there).
Dating is not cheap, but there is no reason why you cannot find ways to make it more affordable! Here is a list of 25 different ideas to keep stoking the fire.
- One word: Groupon. There is so many good date finds on here! Dinner for two at restaurants you may have not been to before, half price outdoor activities, and much more. Take a glance at it next time you’re deciding on what to do. I find it especially great for first date ideas!
- Have a picnic. Going out to eat all the time gets pricey! Save money by finding your favorite outdoor spot; bring a blanket and some sandwiches. Best thing about this is the privacy that can come along with it based on the spot of your choosing.
- Explore your city or town. Most likely, there is a lot you have not seen in your own backyard! Take the time to walk around, sight see and people watch. I have found some of my favorite places by doing this.
- Stay inside. Some of the best date nights can occur within your home. Buy a board game and a bottle of your favorite wine. Find a movie on Netflix with a bunch of snacks, or cook a new recipe together.
- Have dessert. Going out for a full-blown meal gets pricey, and I know when I go out to eat, I usually do not have room for that beloved Crème Brûlée I love so much. Next time you want to enjoy your favorite restaurant, go to order that dessert you love so much.
- Free concerts. Most towns offer free, or very cheap concerts to attend during the summer months. Take advantage of these!
- Go for a walk. The best conversations usually come from a long walk together. Exercise and a good chat? Nothing better.
- Visit your local farmers market. I love a good farmers market, and most of the time I never buy anything but a good locally made ice cream or fruit. It’s a great way to enjoy each other and save money! Plus, there are a lot of free samples.
- Try a wine and dine class. These are hugely popular right now. For around $25 bucks per person, you’ll get to enjoy wine and be a bit creative.
- Check out a museum. Most museums are affordable and even offer free or reduced-priced admission.
- Camping indoors. Stay in touch with you childhood by building a blanket fort, indulging in Netflix, and making S’mores in your microwave.
- Check out a used bookstore together. This is one of my personal favorite things to do. Most used books have notes from the previous owner or notes from loved ones behind the cover. A lot of used bookstores also offer tea and pastries, which doesn’t hurt either.
- Go fishing!
- Karaoke. This can be so fun and a great way to let loose with each other! And good laugh is almost guaranteed.
- Trivia night. A lot of bars and restaurants offer trivia nights during the weekdays. Most of the time happy hour is occurring at the same time too.
- Take a class together. If you belong to a gym, most offer great classes such as yoga or spinning!
- Take a scenic road trip.
- Do a puzzle! They’re fun and you feel accomplished when its complete! Reward yourselves with a drink after.
- Attend a food truck event! Food trucks offer some of the best and unique eats. Your city might host a food truck night that are worth checking out.
- Attend carnivals, festivals and county fairs! Cheap fun!
- Bingo nights! A lot of halls in your area most likely host bingo nights that have big cash prizes for winners. Not only is it affordable, but you can also win money? Count me in.
- Go to the beach. If there isn’t one near by go to the pool! Public pools are everywhere.
- See a movie at the drive-in.
- Play Disc Golf together! Disc Golf has become a very popular sport, so most likely your town park has a course. Enjoy some sunshine while staying active together.
- Go wine or beer tasting. You might even been able to get a free tasting if you purchase a bottle of wine.
What’s an inexpensive date you’d love to go on?