12 movies for the perfect girls’ night in
A woman can never grow too old to have a movie night with her girls. Even twenty-something can still enjoy a night filled with food, fun, and most importantly a few good movies. This summer, I often found myself without cable and resorting to Netflix as a source of entertainment. In the process, I discovered a ton of movies that were long forgotten, overlooked, or that I had never even heard of! Check out some of these flicks for your next movie night!
12) Movie number 12 goes out to a classic movie of the 90s featuring one of my favorite actresses, Julia Roberts: “Runaway Bride.” From laughs to tears, this is a must see at a movie night. Tell us if we’re wrong, but you can never watch too many wedding-related movies.
11) “No one puts Baby in a corner!” This famous line from the 80s classic, “Dirty Dancing“, is especially important to remember on a movie night. The hot and heavy summer romance between Frances “Baby” Houseman and Johnny Castle is one you just can’t resist.
10) Sandra Bullock never fails to impress and has us rolling in “Miss Congeniality“. From her pageant training classes with Stan Fields to her romance with the oh-so-handsome Eric Matthews, this movie has it all!
9) Who doesn’t want to watch a movie featuring hunky Matthew McConaughey? He sure knows how to charm us in the rom-com, “How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days“, with Kate Hudson. The pair indulge in a bet resulting in some hilarious and heinous moments, eventually leading to love. This is a feel good movie that every movie night should include.
8) Are you a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, or a criminal? Find out by watching one of the best movies to come out of the 80s: “The Breakfast Club”. We bet you’ve never had so much fun or shared so many laughs while sitting in a library. Include this in your movie night and you won’t be disappointed.
7) “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird,”– every woman knows this line. “The Notebook,” featuring Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, is the ultimate chick flick. It would almost be a crime if it wasn’t on your list for movie night. Noah and Allie share an incredible romance that no girl can resist in this adaptation of one of Nicholas Sparks’ most popular novels. Make sure to have one hand in a bowl of chocolate and the other holding a Kleenex because this one’s a tearjerker.
6) “YOU GO, GLEN COCO,” “YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US,” and “On Wednesdays, we wear pink,” make up the top quotes for one of our favorite high-school comedies. The quotes speak for themselves:”Mean Girls” is a classic and it never gets old! Watch it, love it, quote it.
5) “Now and Then” is a timeless tale of childhood friends who grow up together and eventually grow apart. This is their story of life, friendship, and their journey of finding a way to bring it all together. This is one of my favorite movies and definitely one to watch with your best girlfriends. It is an absolute MUST for movie night.
4) “Sweet Home Alabama” reels us in with a little bit of what I like to call southern charm. Josh Lucas’ on-screen character, Jake Perry, charms us with his sweet southern ways, while Patrick Dempsey’s character, Andrew Hennings, dazzles us with one word: Tiffany’s. Who would you choose? Make sure to include “Sweet Home Alabama” on your movie list to find out.
3) Richard Gere and Julia Roberts engage in a very unconventional romance in the film, “Pretty Woman.” Julia’s character, Vivian Ward, makes putting on a pair of hooker boots look fabulous and her romance with Gere’s character, Edward Lewis, is a must see!
2) Every movie night has to include some laughs and the sometimes-overlooked film, “Clueless,” does just that. This is almost a 90s version of the 2001 film Legally Blonde. Watch as Cher, Dionne, and Tai pave their way through the rough years of high school. It’ll surely take you back to your own high-school days.
1) “Life Happens” is the story of a group of three twenty-somethings finding their way in life. It tells the story of friendship, the story of discovering love, and the everyday woes of what we face everyday. This is now one of my absolute favorite movies and I think everyone should give it a view! Find it on Netflix today.
Call up your girlfriends, add popcorn, and your night is set. Enjoy!